The PARCR Executive Committee voted at their meeting on March 9 to cancel the April 8 Quarterly Meeting due to the concerns of influenza and the COVID-19 coronavirus. It was felt we needed to take precautions as seniors are more susceptible to infections from these diseases.
I refer you to the PARCR Legislative Tidbit sent out on March 9. Please pay attention to the information. I am repeating a portion of it here.
What Are Five Things Everyone Can Do?
Like so many of the easily-transmissible diseases and viruses we prepare for every day in our work with older people, everyone can use a few simple reminders:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze.
- Maintain “social distances” of a few feet near people who show symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home and get medical attention if you are sick.
More information from LeadingAge PA about COVID-19 and what we can do can be found here.
Ida Jeanne Smith, PARCR President